Bonterra Extends Multiple Gold Zones by Additional 300 Meter Along Strike and Depth at Gladiator Gold Deposit
Vancouver, BC – September 18, 2017: Bonterra Resources Inc. (TSX-V: BTR, US: BONXF, FSE: 9BR1) (the “Company” or “Bonterra”) is pleased to announce that the ongoing resource development program in and around the Gladiator Gold Deposit has successfully further extended the Main, Footwall and North Zones by increasing the strike and depth by up to 300 m depth to the known mineralized horizons. Results from six recent drill holes significantly expand the size and confirm the continuity of the Gladiator Gold Deposit.
Highlights and Observations:
- Results from six recent drill holes significantly expand the size and confirm the continuity of the Gladiator Gold Deposit.
- Holes BA-17-20, BA-17-28, BA-17-31 and BA-17-32 collectively add 300 m depth and strike to the Main Zone. This extension occurs under plunge to the west below the Rivage Gap to a depth of over 650 m. A highlight of this significant extension is BA-17-20 which intersected 3.0 m of 10.4 g/t Au at 550 m below surface.
- Hole BA-17-23 extended the Footwall Zone to 400 m below surface under plunge with 3.0 meters of 10.1 g/t Au.
- Holes BA-17-30 and BA-17-31 extend the North Zone to depth by 100 m below BA-17-21: 21.5 g/t Au over 3 meters (see release dated July 20, 2017).
- Continuity of mineralization is now confirmed over a total drilled strike length (to date) on at least two horizons (Main and Footwall) of 1,200 m, as well as a drilled depth of 1,000 m.
Nav Dhaliwal, CEO and President, stated, “Our resource development program at the Gladiator Gold Deposit continues to successfully extend the western mineralized zones along strike and at depth. The predictability of our geological model is now considered to be dependable in projecting the on-strike and at-depth geometry of gold-bearing zones. In addition to once again expanding the size of the Gladiator Deposit, our geological model has demonstrated additional success up to 8 km westward, in the southern part of our Coliseum property (see press release of September 15, 2017).”
- Stated lengths are core width as drilled, true widths vary and average between 60 and 80 percent of drilled widths. Core axis angles of the intersection contacts and surrounding rock units average 55 to 70 degrees.
Bonterra Resources Quick Facts:
- Well financed with $40 m raised in 2017.
- Gladiator Gold Deposit:
- Deposit extension and resource expansion underway utilizing minimum of four drill rigswith 40,000 m planned this year;
- Drilled dimensions of the Gladiator Deposit are currently outlined to a depth of 1,000 m below surface, and a strike length of 1,200 m;
- Gladiator remains open in all directions with drilling currently focused on the Rivage Gap western side, new north and south veins infill and Coliseum exploration;
- At least five distinct subparallel zones or mineralized horizons have been identified.
- Larder Lake Gold Property:
- 100% controlled 2,221-hectare in the Cadillac-Larder Break camp in Ontario (refer to March 17, 2016 news release highlighting historical gold resource);
- Excellent access to three high grade gold deposits between Kirkland Lake and Virginiatown.
Robert Gagnon, P.Geo. has approved the information contained in this release. Mr. Gagnon is a director of Bonterra and is a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS,
Nav Dhaliwal, President & CEO
Bonterra Resources Inc.
For further information on Bonterra, contact Investor Relations
Telephone: 1 844 233 2034
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This press release contains "forward-looking information" that is based on Bonterra’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections. This forward-looking information includes, among other things, statements with respect to Bonterra’s exploration and development plans. The words "will", "anticipated", "plans" or other similar words and phrases are intended to identify forward-looking information. Forward-looking information is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Bonterra’s actual results, level of activity, performance or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information. Such factors include, but are not limited to: uncertainties related exploration and development; the ability to raise sufficient capital to fund exploration and development; changes in economic conditions or financial markets; increases in input costs; litigation, legislative, environmental and other judicial, regulatory, political and competitive developments; technological or operational difficulties or inability to obtain permits encountered in connection with exploration activities; and labour relations matters. This list is not exhaustive of the factors that may affect our forward-looking information. These and other factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking information. Bonterra disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.