Bonterra Discovers New South Zone West of Main Gladiator Gold Deposit
Vancouver, BC – June 6, 2017: Bonterra Resources Inc. (TSX-V: BTR, US: BONXF, FSE: 9BR1) (the “Company” or “Bonterra”) is pleased to announce that drilling from its ongoing resource development program discovered an additional parallel gold zone to the south and west of the main Gladiator Gold Deposit. The new zone lies within the “Rivage Gap” and was intersected by four (4) drill holes to date, with BA-17-12 which intersected 3.0 m of 8.8 g/t, being the most predominant and westerly hole to date.
Quick Highlights of Recent Drill Results:
- Emergence of new South Zone, intersected by four holes to date, and has been identified over a 500 m strike length to date.
- Multiple gold zones continue to be intersected in the “Rivage Gap” area, which confirms the existence of the Main and Footwall Gold Zones, and extends the North, Mid and South zones further to the west.
- Main and Footwall zones extended to the west, connecting them with the Rivage Gap area and confirming a strike length of over 1 km for each.
- Continuity of mineralization demonstrated in multiple horizons between the Gladiator Deposit and the Rivage Zone.
- Drilled dimensions of the Gladiator Deposit now outlined to a depth of 850 meters below surface, and a strike length of 1,200 meters (1.2 km).
- Gladiator remains open in all directions with drilling currently focused on the Deep East Zone, the Rivage Gap western side, and within large gaps or voids with currently little drill information.
Highlights and Observations:
- Hole BA-17-12 encountered multiple high grade intersections in the “Rivage Gap”, and confirms and extends the new South Zone to the west, indicating an ~500 m strike length to date with the following result:
- 3.0 m grading 8.8 g/t Au (new South Zone) at ~275 m below surface.
- Hole BA-17-12 also intersected the main zone near surface in the “Rivage Gap” with:
- 2.0 m grading 11.1 g/t Au (Main Zone) at ~25 m below surface.
- Drilling at the “Rivage Gap”, a 600 m long stretch of the Gladiator Deposit to the west that contains very little drill information to date, is clearly demonstrating continuity in multiple horizons between the Gladiator Deposit and the Rivage Zone.
- Continuity is providing a total drilled strike length to date on at least two horizons (Main and Footwall) of 1.2 km.
West – Rivage Gap
All intersections from the above table are located within a length or gap of drill information between the westernmost Rivage area and the known portion of the Gladiator Deposit. The high grade Main, Footwall and North Zones are in or near the sheared contact between mafic volcanic units and a mineralized felsic porphyritic intrusive.
Please see http://www.bonterraresources.com/en/gladiator/maps-sections for updated long section and cross section.
Bonterra Resources Quick Facts:
- Well financed with over $20m recently raised.
- Gladiator Gold Deposit:
- 100% controlled 8,126-hectare in the Urban-Barry Camp in Québec;
- Resource expansion and development program underway utilizing minimum of four drill rigs with up to 40,000 meters planned;
- Drilled dimensions of the Gladiator Deposit are currently outlined to a depth of 800 meters below surface, and a strike length of 1,200 meters (1.2 km);
- Gladiator remains open in all directions with drilling currently focused on the Deep East Zone, the Rivage Gap western side, Rivage Gap infill and a potential Coliseum exploration;
- At least five distinct subparallel zones or mineralized horizons have been identified to date.
- Larder Lake Gold Property:
- 100% controlled 2,221-hectare in the Cadillac-Larder Break camp in Ontario (refer to March 17, 2016 news release highlighting historical gold resource);
- Resource development and exploration program underway including upcoming drill program and geological modelling.
Robert Gagnon, P.Geo. has approved the information contained in this release. Mr. Gagnon is a director of Bonterra and is a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS,
Nav Dhaliwal, President & CEO
Bonterra Resources Inc.
For further information on Bonterra, contact Investor Relations
Telephone: 1 844 233 2034
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This press release contains "forward-looking information" that is based on Bonterra’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections. This forward-looking information includes, among other things, statements with respect to Bonterra’s exploration and development plans. The words "will", "anticipated", "plans" or other similar words and phrases are intended to identify forward-looking information. Forward-looking information is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Bonterra’s actual results, level of activity, performance or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information. Such factors include, but are not limited to: uncertainties related exploration and development; the ability to raise sufficient capital to fund exploration and development; changes in economic conditions or financial markets; increases in input costs; litigation, legislative, environmental and other judicial, regulatory, political and competitive developments; technological or operational difficulties or inability to obtain permits encountered in connection with exploration activities; and labour relations matters. This list is not exhaustive of the factors that may affect our forward-looking information. These and other factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking information. Bonterra disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.