BonTerra Intersects Multiple Gold Zones Within the Deep Eastern Zone at the Gladiator Deposit Including 5.0m at 20.7 g/t Goldn
Vancouver, BC – January 31, 2017: BonTerra Resources Inc. (TSX-V: BTR, US: BONXF, FSE: 9BR1) (the “Company” or “BonTerra”) is pleased to announce that multiple high-grade intersections have been discovered at the Deep Eastern Zone of the Gladiator Deposit.
Highlights and Observations:
- Hole BA-17-01 intersected two high grade intersections in the “Deep East Zone”, interpreted as the down plunge deep eastern extension of the Gladiator deposit which includes:
- 5.0 m grading 20.7 g/t Au (Main Zone) at ~425 meters below surface.
- 8.5 m grading 15.7 g/t Au (Footwall Zone) at ~300 meters below surface.
- Hole BA-17-01 also discovered a new third new gold zone to the north of the deposit at 200 meters below surface, and intersected 10.0 meters grading 1.6 g/t.
- Two (2) drill rigs are currently operating with a third drill rig pending.
- The drilled dimensions of the Gladiator Deposit is currently outlined to a depth of 650 meters below surface, and a strike length of 1,200 meters (1.2 km). Gladiator remains open in all directions with drilling currently focused on the Deep East Zone, the Rivage Gap western side, and a third rig ready to drill as ice conditions allow.
Nav Dhaliwal, President and CEO of BonTerra, commented: “Once again, drilling continues to indicate that the Gladiator Gold Deposit is increasing in size, and also continues to deliver consistent high-grade gold intersections. Our first step out hole to the east in 2017 has produced multiple intersections of impressive grade and width, including 5.0m of 20.7 g/t gold. In addition, a new gold zone was also discovered with excellent width, and the visual indicators of another strong horizon. We look forward to delivering continued news flow of drill results from the eastern and western extensions, and now potential newly discovered zones from the Gladiator deposits over the coming months as we complete our aggressive resource development program.”
|BA-17-01||262.0||272.0||10.0||1.6||New (East Side)|
All intersections from Hole BA-17-01 are located near the known down plunge eastern limits of the deposit. The high grade Main and Footwall Zones are near the contact between mafic volcanic units and a mineralized felsic porphyritic intrusive.
Please visit www.bonterraresources.com for updated long section and and cross section.
BonTerra Resources Quick Facts:
- 7,563-hectare (Gladiator Project) in the Urban-Barry Camp in Québec containing:
- Using a 4 g/t Au cut-off grade, the project currently contains an inferred resource of 905,000 tonnes, grading 9.37 g/t Au for 273,000 ounces of gold. Of note, ~90% of the worlds operating mines have an average gold grade less than 8 g/t. Mineral Resource Estimate and technical report filed July 27, 2012, Snowden Mining Consultants.
- 2016/17 Exploration/Resource Development Program underway – up to 25,000 meters utilizing minimum of two drill rigs at its 100% owned Gladiator Gold Project to expand current gold resource.
- Resource Development Program underway at its 2,165-hectare (Larder Lake Gold Property) in the Cadillac-Larder Break camp in Ontario (refer to March 17, 2016 news release highlighting historical gold resource).
Dale Ginn, P.Geo. has approved the information contained in this release. Mr. Ginn is a Director and Vice-President Exploration for BonTerra and is a Qualified Person as defined by NI 43-101.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS,
Nav Dhaliwal, President & CEO
BonTerra Resources Inc.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
This press release contains "forward-looking information" that is based on BonTerra’s current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections. This forward-looking information includes, among other things, statements with respect to BonTerra’s exploration and development plans. The words "will", "anticipated", "plans" or other similar words and phrases are intended to identify forward-looking information. Forward-looking information is subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause BonTerra’s actual results, level of activity, performance or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking information. Such factors include, but are not limited to: uncertainties related exploration and development; the ability to raise sufficient capital to fund exploration and development; changes in economic conditions or financial markets; increases in input costs; litigation, legislative, environmental and other judicial, regulatory, political and competitive developments; technological or operational difficulties or inability to obtain permits encountered in connection with exploration activities; and labour relations matters. This list is not exhaustive of the factors that may affect our forward-looking information. These and other factors should be considered carefully and readers should not place undue reliance on such forward-looking information. BonTerra disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.